Queensland Health (QH) receive and triage thousands of faxed and mailed referrals from General Practitioner’s (GP’s ) on a daily basis. Communication between Health facilities and GP’s is limited and usually only one way.
QH engaged Bdna consulting to design, manage and ultimately implement the electronic referral solution.
Bdna successfully partnered with the smart referrals program team and delivered the following services:
• Business process design and requirements
• Solution architecture design and physical environment build
• Project management and support services
• Implementation and release management
• Software development and integration
• MS Azure cloud consulting services
QH facilities now receive secure electronic codified referrals with a closed loop communication channel between GP’s and Hospitals.
Benefits include: improved quality of referral data, real time tracking of referrals, feedback to GP’s, faster tirage and response times.