Western Health (WH) comprises four hospitals, over 1,000 beds, 6,500 staff and provides care for over 800,000 people across the western region of Melbourne. Faced with the complex task of, designing, integrating and implementing an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) WH engaged Bdna as the prime consulting partner.
Bdna was engaged due to our extensive experience in implementing electronic medical records, and our clinically trained consultants – who are intimately familiar with the clinical process as well as the analysis, design and implementation of a fully functional EMR.
Working hand in hand with the WH project team resulted in some very smart design outcomes including:
• First in Victoria for a streamlined phlebotomist and nurse collect workflow
• Transfusion product ordering
• Integration of medical imaging
• Full unification of clinical workflows
• First in Victoria for the electronic medication management plan
• First in Victoria for full utilisation of the clinical documentation suite
• Responsible use and monitoring of restricted antimicrobials
• Integrated mental health design for future consideration